Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Quickfire: Project Gutenberg and the King In Yellow

Hail to the King!

As the my Sith plans to celebrate my next successful revolution around the sun continue, I wanted to make sure to still have an update for you.

Since it's October, many of you are doubtless thinking about Halloween and other scary things.

I wanted to share a link with you to something that's very appropriate for this time of year.

Project Gutenberg, a site that if you don't know about you should stop and immediately check out, hosts free e-books in a wide variety of formats for books that are old enough to be outside of copyright protection.

I was browsing through there the other day, and found that they host many of Robert Chambers books. Who's he? An author that contributed to the Cthulhu mythos, that's who.

If you are one of the fans of HBO's True Detective that was wondering what all that stuff about Carsosa was all about, I bring you Robert Chambers The King in Yellow. This will be especially important to those of you who watched True Detective with me or my fellow blogger over at the Vorpal Chainsword, only to have us talk about "Carcosa" in the creepiest voices we could manage.

So what's it all about? Check it out on Project Gutenberg and find out.

And you should especially read about it late at night, in a spooky old house with no one around.

That would be perfect.

Hopefully I will be back with a big article on Friday, so until then, Make Mine 20!

1 comment: